Fast Paper WritingOrder Now
If you are a high school senior who is preparing to start your college applications, then you are probably already starting to get a little worried about the prospect of writing a college admission essay! Every college has a different requirement, but they are all pretty overwhelming given just how important they actually are! Your admissions essay can make or break your application. With that in mind, we have put together our top ten tips on how to write a college admissions essay.
1. Be Concise – Try to be mindful that the admissions officer reading your essay probably has a huge stack to get through. They are going to be turned off by long, rambling streams of consciousness. Try to be concise. Eliminate filler content and aim for the lower end of the word count range.
2. Be Honest – You must be honest in your essay, so do not give in to the temptation to embellish your achievements. If you are the secretary of an extra-curricular club, don't pretend to be president. It's okay not to be the star of everything – just be real.
3. Be an Individual – The key is to make yourself stand out. Do this by showing your ability to think outside the box! Make your admissions essay a memorable one!
4. Be Coherent – Your admissions essay is going to be pretty short, so do not try to cram too much into it. Write about one thing and be focused and coherent.
5. Be Accurate – Pay attention to the details. As well as performing a spellcheck you will also need to make sure that you are using punctuation properly, demonstrating good grammar and that your facts are checked!
6. Be Vivid – Your essay needs to read a little like a story. Help bring it to life by including anecdotes, characterizing the people you mention and give a little bit of your self in your writing. This will make it more vivid and engaging for the reader giving them a better sense of who you are!
7. Be Likeable – Colleges like to think of themselves as a community and that means people need to get along. In your essay, make sure that you are likeable and don't come off as someone who would start drama or be argumentative.
8. Be Cautious in Your Use of Humour – If you are going to include humour then do so with great care. Only be funny if you feel you have to, because you never know how someone else might interpret your joke and the a last thing you want is to offend the person who gets to choose your academic fate!
9. Be Controversial If You Can – A great way to stand out is to be a little bit controversial! Why not write about politics, religion or a 'hot button' topic? Just make sure that you offer a thoughtful and balanced view. Colleges welcome discussion and your essay will stand out.
10. Be Smart – Colleges are looking for intellectual people, so be smart. Talk about what really sparks your interests and gets your mind in motion. This could be a favourite piece of literature or maybe an area of science you find fascinating. It doesn't even have to relate to the major you are declaring!
If after reading these tips, you still do not feel prepared to write a college admission paper, then do not worry. We offer a professional essay writing service especially for times like these. Our professional writers offer admissions essays at affordable prices and can delivery them very quickly. We have 24/7 customer support and a full money back guarantee, so you really do have nothing to lose!